ERNIE NEWCOMBE MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
CHANNEL ISLANDS CHAPTER
Qualified Applicants will be currently enrolled in either the Geomatics Engineering program of California State University, Fresno or the Surveying/Geospatial Option of the Civil Engineering program of California State Polytechnic University, Pomona.
Qualified applicants plan to earn their Bachelor of Science degrees in 2010 or later.
Candidates will be selected by applying the following preferences as listed in order of importance.
1. Have demonstrated a desire to make a career in the surveying profession.
2. Student’s hometown is in Ventura or Santa Barbara Counties.
3. Have lived or worked in Ventura or Santa Barbara Counties.
4. Have demonstrated a financial need.
5. If a candidate cannot be found to meet the criteria listed above, the Foundation will select someone as close to the criteria as possible.
Qualified Applicant will complete a Foundation application in accordance with current Foundation guidelines and timeframe.